We Bought & Tested The Most Popular VPNs, Here’s Why SurfShark Is #1
Summary: SurfShark stands out as a user-friendly tool that offers a stable level of reliability and ample speed, ensuring streaming and privacy are top priorities. It’s backed by ample security features and has had a security audit, providing some outstanding protections. It’s an excellent choice for unblocking streaming sites, but even with these robust features, it’s priced competitively low.
I've been using VPNs for years, thanks to the type of work I do where privacy, as well as security, are critical. I've used numerous VPN options, often in my quest to find more robust and better security but also to find reliable solutions that are super fast as well as easy to use. I've stumbled upon a few that simply do not cut it.
When I received the assignment to determine which was the best VPN for this year, I was happy to jump right in, frustrated with the VPN I was using at the time. I thought for sure I knew which one would be best – the most expensive and probably the most well known brand out there.
Still, I purchased plans for numerous products with the plan to determine who was best. I was shocked to learn that SurfShark was really this highly effective and that it provided so many features over and above the competition. I also found it to be exceedingly fast, even when I was streaming a lot of content at one time.
There’s no doubt that SurfShark is a well-known company that has provided a lot of services over the years. I will say it is not the least expensive option, but it is one of the best in terms of reliability, speed, and performance. Here's what I found when I compared it to the other leading VPNs out there.
First, I was impressed with the servers – it has the widest range of server locations with over 59 countries present. At the same time, it offers excellent connection speeds no matter where you are around the globe. I asked my friend in the UK to check it out to verify this wasn't a fluke, and he found that SurfShark was just as reliable there.
Let's talk privacy, it offers AES-256-GCM encryption with 4096-bit DH (Diffie-Hellman) keys for OpenVPN protocol and AES-256-GCM encryption with 3072-bit DH keys for IKEv2/IPsec protocol. As for NordLynx, the encryption is the same as the native Wireguard (protocol on which NordLynx is based): Curve25519 for key exchange, ChaCha20 for symmetric encryption, Poly1305 for message authentication codes.
That provides peace of mind. In addition, users can select from numerous protocols, including NordLynx, which is very secure and quick. It is an in-house solution developed by the company. Also, all of the servers are RAM-only which means none of your data can be stored physically, which also improves security.
I looked at over 10 VPNs, and I found SurfShark to be the fastest option by far. When I used it, it hit 630Mbps, which is fast enough for any needs, including the work I was doing through it. I did not have a single loss of signal or lagging experience over the period of time I used it (generally working 10 to 12 hours per day).
In addition to this, I found some nice features – like Meshnet that allows access to remote devices/servers, file sharing features within the next work, and excellent anonymity no matter where I went online. All of these features really kept me moving and feeling secure on the internet.
The VPN software is powerful and easy to use. In addition to this, it allows you to use just about any platform you want. I used both Linux and Windows while testing it out with flawless function.
One more core feature to mention is the site's customer service. I have dealt with VPN customer service so many times, often with limited or bad experiences. For this situation, I requested help with one of the supported protocols – OpenVPN – to see how easy it would be to get help. I put in a support ticket using their help desk chat and received a response about 8 minutes later. The professional was friendly and knew what she was talking about, solving the problem fast.
What Makes SurfShark Different from Other Products?
- Security: With AES-256-GCM encryption with 4096-bit DH (Diffie-Hellman) keys for OpenVPN protocol and AES-256-GCM encryption with 3072-bit DH keys for IKEv2/IPsec protocol, there’s ample built-in security. In addition, you can choose from a range of protocols to fit your needs and count on the TrustedServer (RAM-only) functionality to boost the overall security here.
- Anonymity: This is exceptional. The VPN does not log your internet traffic. It does not log any VPN connections, ensuring that there is no way you can be matched with a timestamp or an IP address.
- Meshnet: Super-fast speed and performance do not lack when using Meshnet. You can connect to a server in any location, no matter where you are.
- Performance: It’s the fastest VPN out there – which had an average of 630 Mbps when I was using it personally, though it can climb much higher than this (Could easily reach up to 6730+ Mbps). By comparison, others only hit 300 Mbps during the same testing periods.
- Reliability: It's ideal in that it had no downtime or lags while I was using it. It's also fantastic for streaming without having to deal with buffering, including through long distances.
- Speed: To boost performance, use NordLynx, which can get speeds up to 6730+ Mbps. Overall, SurfShark was faster than any other option.
- Customer Support: Available 24/7 and easy to use, customer support at SurfShark doesn’t seem like an afterthought that it is often with other providers. Highly reliable and knowledgeable.
- Number of Servers: Over 5,000 servers spread across 59 countries and with dozens of locations to provide the very best level of performance possible.
I will say this. The VPN services I was using were much more expensive than SurfShark. Yet, I had to deal with lagging from time to time and less privacy and security. SurfShark is surprisingly robust for what it offers and brings with it the incredible performance that you need to ensure the best level of anonymity and security while using the internet.
I will highly recommend VPN services from this company for personal and professional use, including when you want a competitive price for a super reliable solution for streaming.
How to Order SurfShark
- Visit the SurfShark.com website
- Choose the plan you want (the 24-month plan drops the price to just $5.29 a month - and get 3 months free exclusively for our readers right now)
- Check out and download the software
- It’s always on with correct auto-connect settings and working in the background without any limitations
There’s no delay in getting anything going. You can start using it right now.
If you’re unsure, count on the 30-day risk-free trial. You can get your money back without any questions within 30 days.
Common Questions & Answers
Q: How easy is it to log in and use SurfShark?
It takes just one click to turn it on from your computer screen. From that point, you are getting protected and secured content with ease.
Q: What devices can I use it on?
You can add SurfShark on up to SIX connected devices, including phones, laptops, desktops, routers (must support OpenVPN client), and tablets. Just about every platform is secured.
Q: Can I use it on the go?
Absolutely – with so many servers and locations, it does not take long to get it up and going almost anywhere.
How Much Does It Cost?
SurfShark is $2.49 per month if you sign up for 2 years. However - *If you sign up from our review you can get 2 months free right now!*
How Can It Be So Affordable?
Once we shared our review with SurfShark they decided to give our readers 3 months free exclusive access, this brings down their yearly pricing to the cheapest VPN out there - while being the most secure and fastest option available on the market!
Get SurfShark now by going to their official website >>>CHECK HERE