We Bought & Tested The Most Popular Bug Zappers, Here’s Why BlitzyBug is #1
SUMMARY: In short it’s a fully portable, lightweight bug zapper that can neutralize any room or campsite. All you need to do is charge the battery with the USB cable, and with a press of a button, you will enjoy 20 hours of critter free camping or be able to leave the windows open in your home.
The best part about it is that thanks to their new technology, it only uses a fraction of the power compared to a zapper, so it even has power enough to double as a flashlight or lantern! It’s protective cover even makes it safe for kids to carry around.
UPDATE - BlitzyBug is currently sold out in retail stores nationwide. However, they may still be available on their website HERE.
I’ve always loved being in nature and sitting around a campfire with friends and family. But as you know that includes fighting off mosquitoes and other insects that somehow only live to terrorize and destroy an otherwise perfectly good moment.
I‘m sure you’ve experienced solutions like toxic bug sprays and creams you’re supposed to put directly on your skin. Or electric zappers that aren't safe around kids or pets that use harmful UV light.
And don't even get me started on the scent and smoke deterrents, yo definitely want to inhale that.
So getting assigned with this review didn’t really get my hopes up as I’ve never seen a good bug zapper or deterrent, but I will happily admit that my opinion has recently changed.
The BlitzyBug is a simple, yet clever, safe and effective device.
When I got the BlitzyBug delivered to my door 2 days after ordering it I was immediately impressed with the delivery process. At least that was easy and convenient I thought. But the happy surprises had only just begun.
When I opened the package and saw the high quality material shine back at my face I realized that this might be quite the bug zapper.
We all know the difference between cheap brittle plastic and high grade quality materials, and this was high grade quality materials alright.
Something that has always been a problem with other Zappers is that the protective grid is either too wide or simply non-existing!
As I inspected the BlitzyBug I was relieved to see that the protective red grid was tight, strong and slightly flexible so that it wouldn’t shatter if accidentally dropped.
With other zappers I always manage to slip in a finger or bump into the electrical part and get zapped. But the BlitzyBug is perfect, you can hold and grab this thing however you want and never get zapped.
When looking at the BlitzyBug you can’t help but notice the clever design. It has a convenient handle on top that is easy to use when hanging it around your patio or at your campsite.
And then you see it's brilliant underside that doubles as both a flashlight and a lantern.
Another detail that I love about the BlitzyBug is that the size of the protectie grid is perfectly sized to only neutralize bad insects. There are a lot of important insects like Bumblebees that are imperative for your garden and actually the whole ecosystem of our planet as well.
So you can use the BlitzyBug with a good conscience and still be free of horrifying bloodsuckers.
I got the BlitzyBug on a Thursday so I couldn’t go on a camping trip as I had to work the next day. But I could risk everything and leave the window open at night.
I spend a lot of money to keep my bedroom cool with an AC because I can't leave the window open without getting sucked dry by mosquitoes. But hopefully this could change. I placed the BlitzyBug on my desk, opened the window and nervously went to bed.
The next day I woke up feeling the best I have ever done in years!
Sleeping with fresh cool air and NO mosquitoes is just amazing. I walked up to the zapper and looked inside. It was FULL of dead mosquitoes. It gave me a shiver knowing that all of them would have been feasting on me if it wasn’t for the BlitzyBug.
Cleaning it couldn’t have been easier, since it’s waterproof I just held it under my faucet and it was good to go again!
What makes the BlitzyBug different from other products?
You can't compare the BlitzyBug with other zapper, let me tell you why.
- Safe for you and your family - First of all, the major problem with zappers is that you ethir get zapped when handling them or they’re not safe around kids or pets. But the BlitzyBug has a perfectly designed protective grid that no matter how small your fingers are, you wont reach into the electrical parts. Furthermore the BlitzyBug uses no chemicals or headaching scents.
- Batterylife - The BlitzyBug has + 20 hours of battery life! It’s so effective that it even has power to run a flashlight or a lantern at the same time. Many other devices only work for a couple of hours before they run out of juice. Worst of all, when they do run out of battery they have already alerted all the insects for miles around about your presence, so you’ll ironically have an even worse situation on your hands.
- Specific UV Frequency - Perhaps the most impressive thing that makes the BlitzyBug much better then other zappers is that instead of calling upon an insects attention with UV light, the BlitzyBug emits a specifically designed frequency that mosquitoes and other harmful insects are naturally attracted to. Making the BlitzyBug a precise and irresistible beacon to all insects that would otherwise harass you and your family.
- Environment - Many zappers are ruthless killing machines that kill everything, rendering your garden or even your whole neighborhood into a sterile desert with enough time as there won't be any pollinating insects left. The BlitzyBug on the other hand has a specific distance between its protective bars that only filters through the harmful insects but leaves the important and vital bumblebees alive.
- 3 in 1 - The BlitzyBug is compact and lightweight while still incorporating 3 devices in one! You will have a directional flashlight as well as a cosy and pleasant lantern with you wherever you bring your BlitzyBug. Less devices to maintain and pack when you go camping.
- Silent and mobile - Some devices use loud fans to suck in insects as their light attraction isn’t as effective as the BlitzyBug. Some even have a humming electrical noise that is the opposite of soothing nature. A review from a happy consumer fittingly referred the BlitzyBug as “The silent killer”
- No mess - Compared to other zappers that leave hundreds of dead insects spread around it, the BlitzyBug smart design keeps your porch, desk or tent clean and free from the mess as it stores all of the dead insects within it. And since it’s waterproof you only have to soak or spray it with water to clean it. And in case you had a particularly good night's hunt, you can always open the BlitzyBug to empty it if needed.
This is by far the best Bug Zapper I’ve ever tried. There aren't many alternatives that compare as some devices are limited to only operating with a cord, or the electrical parts are directly accessible and inappropriate to have around children.
Even the best zappers out there are outperformed by the BlitzyBug.
So I can wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who wants to be left alone by insects, whether it’s because you want to sleep with your window open, want to enjoy the night in the backyard with your family or simply go camping. This is the device you're looking for.
Be free from insects in the light of a cozy lantern for hours on end without causing a mess.
The only Thing I Wish Was Better
The BlitzyBug is getting so popular that it’s getting quite hard to get hold of one. It's no surprise the manufacturer can’t keep up with demand, especially now since there is a 50% discount running.
As you can imagine it’s a little irritating that I can’t get enough of these for my friends and family.
And what's even worse is that some of my friends have accidentally bought fake copycat versions from companies that try to get in on the success of the BlitzyBug. So make sure to order from their official website in order to get the real deal!
How To Order A Real BlitzyBug?
- Make sure to order from the official website linked here
- Get the 50% Discount
- Select the amount of devices you want
- Submit shipping information and payment method
- Enjoy a critter free summer
If you’re still on the fence about it, we just want to let you know that the BlitzyBug comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, no questions asked.
So if you’re not sure, you can always buy one and just return it later if you don’t like it.
Common Questions & Answers
Q: Does BlitzyBug require any installation?
No. All you need to do is unpack it, charge it and press the power button!
Q: Do I need to buy batteries for it?
No, just like your laptop or smartphone - BlitzyBug has a powerful battery that you simply charge with the USB charger cable that comes in the box.
Q: Is it safe around children or pets?
Yes. It’s protective outer part is designed to protect you from any accidental contact with its electrical parts, as well as the device doesn't use any toxic chemicals.
How Much Does It Cost?
Normally, Bug zappers go for between $50 - $500, so one would expect the BlitzyBug to be in this price range too...
But actually, the BlitzyBug sells for only $89.95, since the founders of the company are doing everything to keep prices low.
In fact, they are even running a 50% sale on their website right now, bringing the price down to just $44.97!
That’s a small price to pay to protect your family from evil insects all summer long!
How Can It Be So Affordable?
Other brands spend billions and billions on advertising. Guess who pays for that in the end? The customer!
The BlitzyBug does very little advertising. They also don’t sell in any retail stores, it’s strictly online. This lets them keep the prices down as they don’t need to rent big store warehouses and have tons of staff.
Why Is It Discounted Right Now?
Ever since the pandemic started the founders of the BlitzyBug have vowed to keep it discounted for as long as possible to motivate people to stay active and explore nature now that we are socially restricted. They simply believe that nature and being outside is the best way to keep out lives active and healthy.
Get your BlitzyBug from their official website here >>>
As of September 28, 2023 Ever since the Fuse Bug was on major international media, an incredible amount of buzz has been generated. Due to its popularity and positive reviews, the company is so confident in their product and wants people to explore nature that they are now offering a one-time, 50% discount.