We Bought & Tested The Most Popular Weight Loss Programs. Here's Why Noom Is #1
I’ve tried to lose weight many times and managed as well as failed over and over again. It’s as if I just seem to find my way back before I know it.
I've used a lot of programs and diets, from simple workouts and diet changes to hardcore camps where you stay for 14 days.
I'll admit that I’ve seen so many different programs in my days that I expected that only the most expensive programs would offer a serious service, but I was shocked when I heard about Noom.
It turned out not only to be one of the most affordable but also the only program that offered all the tools I’ve learned is so important:
Personal contact, support, motivation, education, patience, and a personal diet plan!
SUMMARY: Noom is the most sophisticated and professional program that involves you and a personal coach with the goal to get you where you want to be in a fun, motivating, and supporting way.
Signing up only took a few minutes. I only had to tell a little about myself, my health, body, personality, and food habits. And especially the question of how much and why I wanted to lose weight. This is something I recognized as a sign of a well-studied program, the fact that you need to know for yourself and hold on to your own goal.
The next step was getting assigned and meeting my personal coach through the app that I downloaded on my phone.
We had a little conversation and I got introduced to all the features of the app.
I immediately felt that the team at Noom was kind, warm and helpful. It was obvious from the start that this was something special.
The coach tailored a custom meal plan based on my needs and made sure that I could still eat what I wanted. And I quickly realized that she got me engaged and, believe it or not, actually made me enjoy planning and talking about my weight.
After my talk with the coach, we set up a calorie budget that I was encouraged to stick to.
In order to easily know how I was spending my calories, Noom uses a color-coded database that categorizes a million food items based on how nutrient-dense they are. So the only thing I have to do is register what I eat in the app.
Another amazing aspect where Noom differs from other apps is its focus on making behavioral changes surrounding weight loss.
In addition to showing you the best foods to eat, It does a good job of not instilling fear around food or calories.
Positive reinforcement and coaching are definitely two major reasons why Noom helps with long-term success.
Noom gives you the tools to not only learn what to do but to actually get a deep underlying understanding so you don’t have to debate or negotiate with yourself. And perhaps most importantly, to be kind to yourself.
By having fun, and feeling empowered and supported through each step of the journey, the goal becomes crystal clear and attainable.
Many times the challenge is about taking small steps, and acknowledging that it's hard and that we sometimes take a step back, and this is where Noom shines as it provides a supportive and motivating environment.
Some Of The Features Customers Love
- Get assigned a personal weight loss coach
- Step counter
- Helps you understand your underlying behaviors for gaining weight
- Helps you make healthier decisions every day
- Once your diet plan is done, Noom helps you keep the weight off
- Makes your weight loss journey feel fun & achievable
- Monitor health markers like blood glucose, blood pressure, and water intake
My Meal Plan
It’s so easy to use Noom and lose weight! I feel like I’m getting all the guidance I need and rarely feel like I’m fighting a war like I used to think when I try to lose weight.
I mean look at this meal plan for one day:
- Breakfast - Banana-apple and nut oatmeal made with quick-cooking oats, flaxseed, skim or almond milk, walnuts, and honey.
- Morning snack - Spiced sweet potato chips made with sugar, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Lunch - Butternut squash bisque made with olive oil, defatted chicken broth, garlic, onion, sweet red peppers, plain yogurt, and seasonings.
- Afternoon snack - Anchovy-tomato toast made with a French baguette, low-fat mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes, onion, and pesto.
- Dinner - Eggplant and green bean salad made with vermicelli noodles, onion, extra virgin olive oil, fish sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, scallions, and sesame seeds.
- Evening snack - Three-berry compote made with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, maple syrup, maple syrup, nutmeg, and grated orange rind.
I was skeptical about weight loss programs and apps since I know how big a role your support plays in your success. But Noom really delivered not only that but amazing education that felt easy to digest and inspiring.
Since I’ve been consistently losing 1-2 kg per week, even though it’s been some +1 kg here and there, the overall trend is crystal clear! Noom is doing wonders and it’s no surprise people are swearing by it all over the world!
I definitely recommend Noom to anyone who wants to get help losing weight in a healthy way, not only physically, but mentally and long-lasting as well!
However, there is ONE Problem I Need To Tell You About
Noom has become so increasingly popular that the team has called out that they barely have enough coaches to keep up with demand.
And on top of that, there is an ongoing campaign right now where they have a 14-day trial! So it's just a matter of time before there aren’t any more spots available.
So make sure you secure your Noom program from their official website and do it now before they run out again.
How To Sign Up To Noom?
- Tell Noom about yourself. The survey takes a few minutes and asks you questions about your health, body, personality, and food habits.
- Start your trial & download the app. Add your payment method to access your plan once it’s generated and download their mobile app.
- Meet your personal coach & meal plan. Once you’re in the app, you’ll also take some short lessons, teaching you about food psychology and why we crave sweets, carbs, and salt.
Common Questions & Answers
Q: Can I connect Noom to my apple watch?
Yes, in the app settings, just tap the “connect to health app” and you’re good to go! You can sync Noom with your Apple Watch, Fitbit, or Garmin. It’s also compatible with iHealth, Misfit, OMRON, Polar, Qardio, Runkeeper, Withings, and YOO
Q: How long is my subscription?
You can tailor your subscription just how you want it, from auto-renewing every month to every 12 months and everything in between!
Q: How much time do I need to spend on the app every day?
Between 5 per day is all it takes, and if you want to take the quick quizzes and tidbits of tips and tricks, it’s no more than 15 minutes per day!
How Much Does It Cost?
Weight loss programs of this class can go for up to $100 per month, so one would expect the Noom to be in this price range as well...
But actually, Noom averages out at $16.50 per month since the founders of the company are doing everything to keep prices low.
In fact, they are even running a two-week introduction period, making sure everybody can give it a try!
That’s a small price to pay to get where you want to be!
How Can It Be So Affordable?
Other brands spend billions and billions on advertising. Guess who pays for that in the end? The customer!
Noom does very little advertising as they started on a very small scale. They also work remotely, it’s strictly online.
Get Noom from their official website here >>>
As of August 19, 2022, Ever since it was on major international media, an incredible amount of buzz has been generated. Due to its popularity and positive reviews, the company is so confident in its product that they are now offering a 14-day free trial for first-time buyers.